Friday, May 21, 2010
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Our Primary Library is situated at a major crossroad in our school and an ideal place to access children, staff and parents alike.
Steps so far:
* A large selection of books linked to raising multilingual children and general EAL pedagogy
* School subscription to Bilingual Family Newsletter
* An increasing selection of bilingual books. (Click here for a supplier we have successfully used)
But although we have invested in these resources they are not currently used as much as we would like.
So steps for the future:
* To continue to build up our stock of bilingual books but also to add good quality DVDs in a range of languages.
* To add multilingual displays and posters to the library
* Lunchtime book reading by parents in their mother tongue
* Providing INSET and material in a variety of languages for parents on good reading practice
* Promoting all of the above in the school community!!!!
If you have any other ways you are using your school library to promote Home Languages please send them in to share.